Leaving Notice and Transfers

Leaving Notice

If at any time after acceptance of a school place, a child leaves school permanently (or does not start school), written notice is required by the dates set out below to avoid payment of penalty fees.

  • If a child leaves at Christmas, notice should be given on or before 1 September
  • If a child leaves at Easter, notice should be given on or before 7 January
  • If a child leaves at the end of the academic year, notice should be given on or before 23 March 2022
  • If a child leaves school without giving proper notice or has given insufficient notice, one whole term’s fees are added to the amount due. Such extra fees may be deducted from any monies due from the school to the parent or the employer.

Leaving Kellett School

Parents are required to give one term’s notice of their child’s departure by completing the Formal Notification of Withdrawal Form available from the School’s website or the Admissions Office. In the event that formal notice is not received in the manner prescribed by Kellett School, one term’s fees are payable in lieu of notice.

School Transfer Support

Policy on Entry to Hong Kong and Overseas Schools is available to Kellett parents in the School’s Parental Engagement Portal and in the School Handbooks.

In the event;

  • Parents can demonstrate that the family is permanently relocating from Hong Kong transfer advice and support is available from Kellett School via the admissions office.
  • The family is to remain resident in Hong Kong and a student is to continue their education in another Hong Kong school or an overseas school, Kellett School will provide a single Kellett School Standard transfer report. Additional reports and/or specific additional reports written to individual school formats are chargeable.

All requests for transfer reports must be made via the Admissions Office. Parents should not approach or harass individual teachers in order to provide transfer or scholarship reports. Documents not endorsed by the Admissions Office are not Kellett School Transfer Reports.

Reports are sent directly to the school concerned; copies are not provided to School Placement Agents.

Parents who are to remain resident in Hong Kong wishing to seek overseas boarding places for their children are encouraged to contact the preferred schools directly for advice via the respective school’s/schools’ Admissions Office.

Invigilation services for overseas schools entry examinations are provided by The British Council, Hong Kong.

The reference to a "parent" in this Policy is to the authorised parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) of the child. 


Kellett is a multi-cultural and diverse community, with families from over 30 different countries. Kellett is proud that students have gone on to study at some of the best schools across the world whilst many have also joined Kellett from these schools.